Green Cards With You From Beginning To End

Miami Green Card Attorney

Become a Lawful Permanent Resident

If you wish to become a permanent resident of the United States and enjoy the rights that come with permanent residency, you must obtain a green card. The green card allows foreign nationals to live and work permanently in the U.S.

At the Law Offices of Juliana G. Lamardo, our Miami green card lawyer is committed to helping clients achieve their immigration goals.

We help clients pursue green cards through eligibility categories, including:

  • Family (includes parents, spouses, children and siblings)
  • Victims of abuse
  • Human trafficking

Find out if you are eligible to apply for a green card. Call our Miami law office at (305) 444-0099 today!

The Benefits of a Green Card in Miami

Having a Green Card means you are a Lawful Permanent Resident in the United States. The green card allows immigrants the right to live and work freely in the U.S. There are several benefits to having a green card in the United States.

Individuals who hold a green card can:

  • Apply for Citizenship after five years (3 years if you are married to a United States Citizen)
  • Sponsor relatives to apply for their own green card
  • Pay significantly less for college tuition
  • Travel in and out of the U.S. with more ease
  • Have greater career opportunities
  • Wait 10 years before renewing their green card

Understanding Green Card Limitations

A green card confers many important benefits to immigrants. However, lawful permanent residents do not have all the rights of U.S. citizenship. Green card holders cannot get all of the same government benefits as citizens, and they cannot vote in U.S. elections.

Most importantly, having a green card does not protect you from deportation. If you have a conditional resident card, you must file a Petition to Remove Conditions. If you fail to do so, you could be placed in removal proceedings and possible deportation.

In addition, you may also be placed in removal proceedings if you:

  • Commit a crime
  • Abandon your residence by staying outside of the United States for an extended period of time
  • Do something that violates immigration laws

If you are at risk of losing your green card, reach out to our firm immediately for effective legal representation.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is the fastest way to get a green card?

    • A green card creates a pathway for immigrants to become U.S. citizens. One of the quickest ways to get a green card is if a family relative of a U.S. citizen petitions you. There are guidelines and eligibility factors, so it is important that you are consulted by an a knowledgeable immigration attorney like Juliana G. Lamardo.
  • What is the difference between a green card and permanent residency?
    • A permanent resident is someone who has been granted the right to live in the United States indefinitely. Permanent residents are given a “green card,” which is a photo ID card that proves their status as a permanent residence.
  • How long can you stay abroad with a green card?
    • You can travel outside the United States for up to 6 months, if you go longer you may lose your green card.

Our Miami Attorneys Can Help You Renew/Apply for a Green Card

The USCIS requires individuals to renew their green card every 10 years. If your green card is near expiration, it is crucial to renew it on time. Failing to do so could cause problems. The Law Offices of Juliana G. Lamardo is here to help you file a green card renewal application to ensure that you do not face any legal issues.

Petitioning for a green card for the first time can be a challenging process. It is important to get all the details correct on your application. Turn to our Miami green card attorney for professional legal assistance.

To schedule a consultation, contact us today at (305) 444-0099.

Client Reviews

Opinions We Care About Most
  • “Buenas a todos los que puedan ver este comentario.Ayer tuve mi corte de inmigracion y Juliana Lamardo fue mi abogado defensora,Ms Lamardo GANO mi caso y me devolvieron mi residencia...Desde la primera ...”

    - Alain
  • “Mi nombre es Roberto Ramon y quiero dar testimonio de la labor que realizó la Abogado Juliana Lamardo. Fui deportado en el 2008 y regresé en 2012 . Fui deportado y castigado por 10 años pero con el ...”

    - Roberto R.
  • “Estoy muy feliz con el trabajo que me a hecho la senora Lamardo. Encantado con los resultados. Muchas Gracias Juliana”

    - Jose G.

Why is Juliana G. Lamardo, Attorney at Law

the Best Attorney for YOU?
  • Specializes in Complicated or Overlooked Cases

    Juliana and her team understand and work hard to fight the cases that other attorneys turn away.

  • Services Available in English, Spanish & Portuguese

    Speak directly to an attorney who understands the immigration process.

  • Quick to Respond

    Juliana and her team are very good at communicating quickly and working on Detention Cases.

  • Knowledge of the Law

    Juliana is very experienced with Immigration Law including Bond Cases and Complicated Removal Cases.

Nosotros Hablamos Español (305) 444-0099